Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Things I Love, pt. 3

If you've been to this space recently, you've seen part 1 or part 2 of this series. Today's post is a little less serious, but here are a few more of my favorites:

Television Shows:

Sherlock: Our most recent fav. Between the wit and the mystery, this show is so entertaining. Like so many other BBC hits that I enjoy (Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife), this show is so well made. My only complaint is that there are so few episodes in each season. We are watching season 3 currently, and a little sad that we'll be caught up and waiting for new episodes to be released.

Gilmore Girls: An oldie but a goody. This show will always be one of my favorites. I just recently worked through the entire show on Netflix. I love the banter between Lorelai and Rory. The comedy mixed in with a little drama draws me in, even the third and fourth times around.

The Office: I resisted the show at first, but on the recommendation of a friend, who's opinion I value, I jumped in on the episode The Convict. It is still one of my favorite episodes. In fact, last night after watching a more serious show, Pete turned on the aforementioned episode just for the laughs that we knew it would bring. Like Gilmore Girls, there are episodes that I skip, but overall, this show cracks me up.

Apps:

Two Birds: I am a sucker for word games. This one has been a favorite for at least a year now. There are weekly tournaments and you can also play against individuals. If you join and want to play, let me know.

Trivia Crack: This game seems to be very popular right now. A friend told me about it right earlier this month, then I found out that my brothers were playing. Now, I am constantly playing various members of my family and some friends as well. It's like a digital version of Trivial Pursuit, and it's a lot of fun.

My Fitness Pal: Not a game at all, but a great way to keep track of my snacking. I could snack all day long, but if I am faithfully logging my snacks, it helps me to make healthier choices. I can also look back and see the nutritional value of what I am eating, and chart my weight loss(or gain).

So, I'd love to know what are you watching or playing?

Next time I will list my kids favorite apps--educational and otherwise. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment