Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

A funny thing...

A funny thing has happened.

My boys had gotten out of the routine of keeping their rooms cleaned each day-okay, maybe they never were completely in that routine, but regardless, it had gotten pretty bad. My husband, who is more bothered by mess than me, requested that we try to get more disciplined in this area, and I wholeheartedly agreed. Honestly, one of the hardest parts for me is remembering to enforce that their rooms need to be cleaned before they go play with the neighbors or watch a show. The past couple days I stepped up my game and started asking them to work in their rooms before they played and that's when it happened, after helping Sam and Will in their room, I sent Sam to help Jon. They worked together and next thing I know they've been playing nicely together in Jon's room for over 45 minutes. Both days, the room is clean and they spent over a half an hour playing together without asking for t.v. or iPad, etc. I'm not sure if it's a Christmas miracle or if it will continue, but you can bet I will be reminding them again tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment