Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Margaret Anne is One and a Half!

"The days go slow, but the years go fast" is one of the most true things anyone told me that stuck with me since those days of baby showers before having my first little one. It seems like the days can be stuck on slow-mo, but then I blink and another month has passed by me! I was laughing with a neighbor the other day about almost forgetting to schedule Maggie's 18 month check up, and then upon my arrival at the pediatrician's office I was informed that we hadn't ever had a 15 month appointment! Oops! Thankfully, my silly girl is healthy and growing well. Here's a couple pics from today's check up:
 giving me a cheesy smile 
She was ready to go see Grammy (who was graciously watching the boys)
Maggie weighed in today at 25 pounds, 12 ounces, putting her in the 90th percentile and is 33 1/2 inches tall, which put her in the 95th percentile. No signs of that preemie from 18 months ago, that's for sure! She is right on track with all the milestones for an 18 month old, jabbering and actually saying about 20 words, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and just generally getting into everything. A few of the words that I think are pretty distinct currently are: Dada, Mama, doggy (well, it sounds a lot like dada, but she always says it when there are dogs around), shoes, cookie, peees (please), ok, no, bye, hi...I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting, but those are some of the usual suspects. :)

doing a little biking together
 getting a little love from her brother, Will
She loves sliding
Although she wouldn't smile for any pictures, Maggie really did enjoy her ice cream cone
playing in the water with Will on a hot day
Currently, this chica enjoys puzzles, being read to, getting tickled by her brothers, playing with chalk, decorating the carpet and walls with marker and crayon (she's an artist already), music, playing the piano with her brothers, being outside. While outside, she loves to swing, ride bikes, blow bubbles/pop bubbles, chase after her big brothers and the kids in the neighborhood. She is silly and fun, and even though she's not a great napper, she adds so much joy to our days and we're so thankful to have her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment