Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Counting My Blessings

Reflecting on the many, many good things that God has given me is a practice that I have neglected lately and I deeply desire to get back into the habit of counting my blessings. So tonight I am briefly starting again to list out just some of the many good gifts that He has poured out into my life. This list is not all inclusive, but simply what God has particularly brought to mind right now. I am hoping to make this just one part of an ongoing list.
>Quality time with one of my oldest friends last weekend and reflecting on how friendships change, how our needs in friendships change, and how as we've grown older our friendship has just gotten stronger. No pressure, just love.
>Amazing neighbors


>My kids. They are far from perfect, but most of the time I really like them. 😄
>Thyroid medicine. My thyroid recently got all wacky again and I was feeling bad. I'm so thankful to be feeling better!
>Dinner out with one of my favorite friends tonight. You know the one that makes you laugh and you can joke one minute and in the next share your fears and concerns for your kids? She always encourages me and often challenges me, too. Tonight's take away was that I need to be more intentional in praying for others. Time with her is always time well-spent. 
>Our electric blanket with dual controls. Pete can crank his up to 7, since he has little to no body fat, and I will put mine on low and enjoy crawling into warm sheets. 

I could go on, but I think I will stop there. I keep meaning to blog about Maggie's 3rd birthday and Will's 5th, oh and about Christmas. Maybe someday soon...
I hope you take a little time to count all the good gifts in your life. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment